Comprehensive Restorative Dentistry
To address a variety of dental complications and concerns, Dr. Steven Ray, in Little Rock, AR, offers advanced restorative dentistry treatments, including dental implant and restoration placement, full arch replacement, composite fillings, and scaling and root planing. To ensure lasting results, we use only the highest quality materials during each treatment, and can tailor your procedure to meet your unique dental needs and goals. Combining extensive experience and the latest techniques, Dr. Ray can help you achieve a strong, healthy smile.
What is Restorative Dentistry?
Using restorative dentistry, we can repair the function of your smile to help you chew, speak, and smile confidently. We provide a full range of customized treatments, including:
- Composite Fillings: These long-lasting resin fillings can strengthen a tooth compromised by decay.
- Inlays and Onlays: These are designed to reinforce a moderately damaged or decayed tooth, and provide more extensive coverage than dental fillings.
- Tooth Extraction: We can remove impacted wisdom teeth and severely damaged or decayed teeth. We can also perform extraction to address overcrowding.
- Root Canal Therapy: To treat a dental infection, we can perform root canal treatment. This process involves removing inflamed tissue, disinfecting the root canals, and applying a dental crown for protection.
- Scaling and Root Planing: For patients with moderate gum disease, we can eliminate plaque and tartar from below the gum line, and smooth the tooth roots to help prevent future re-infection.
- Porcelain Dental Crowns: These are strong caps that encase the visible structure of a tooth that has been weakened by decay or trauma.
- Dental Bridges: Combining pontics (artificial teeth) and dental crowns, these restorations can replace several adjacent teeth. A dental bridge can be anchored to healthy teeth or to dental implants.
- Dentures: We offer both full and partial restorations to replace most or all of an entire dental arch. Dentures can be removable or affixed to dental implants.
- Dental Implants: We can embed small titanium posts in the jawbone to support a variety of restorations, including crowns, bridges, and dentures. We place traditional implants and restore All-on-4® implants. Though implants cost more than traditional treatment options, most patients consider them to be well worth the investment.
- Sealants: We can apply this thin transparent coating to molars or to teeth with hard-to-clean crevices, helping to prevent tooth decay.
When designing your treatment plan, we can combine any number of procedures into a full mouth reconstruction to help you achieve optimal oral health.
What Are the Benefits?
Some patients delay receiving the vital care they need, which can result in more costly and time-consuming treatment in the future. If left untreated, conditions such as tooth decay or minor cavities can worsen and spread to your surrounding healthy teeth.
Protecting your oral health can help to preserve your overall wellbeing.
Undergoing timely restorative care can:
- Increase bite strength and function
- Improve overall oral health
- Decrease pain and discomfort
- Increase the longevity of a restoration
In addition, oral health has been directly connected to physical health. Gum disease has been linked to serious conditions such as stroke, heart disease, and respiratory issues. As such, protecting your oral health can help to preserve your overall wellbeing.
Renew Your Smile
If you are suffering from sensitivity or pain in one or more teeth, you may benefit from a restorative dentistry treatment. Dr. Ray offers a full range of effective procedures to improve your dental health. To learn more or to schedule an appointment, contact us online or call us at (501) 312-1127.